Corporate culture is changing. Companies are focusing more on employee happiness than ever before. This is due, in part, to a thriving economy that allows top talent to be more selective about their employment. It’s also because studies have proven that optimistic, happy staff work harder and accomplish more in a workday.
In regards to sales reps, in particular, emotional well-being and overall happiness can boost your entire organization’s output!
At OfficeMakers, we’ve been creating happier, healthier workplaces since 1989. With this article, we’re going to cover some recent research detailing just how important your staff’s happiness is. We’ll also give you some office design ideas to point you in the right direction.
- Don’t hesitate to contact us directly if you’d like to give your office a morale boost today!
Understanding the Value of a Happy-Productive Worker
Social Market Foundation (SMF) published this paper in 2015, detailing the relationship between employee happiness and productivity. They drew upon experimental work by Andrew Oswald, Eugenio Proto and Daniel Sgroi of the University of Warwick, involving over 700 workers. SMF made these key observations:
- Small boosts of happiness (like free snacks or silly videos) boost the average worker’s productivity by 12%.
- The authors call them “Happiness Shocks,” small, simple surprises boost an employee’s output immediately, and results last all day long.
- When sales reps are happy, total sales boost as much as 37%.
- Significant “real world” losses, like grief and bereavement, cause tremendous declines in employee productivity. A grieving employee may produce almost no quality work at all.
Harvard Business Review (HBR) carried the happiness torch a bit farther. They published an article focusing on Gallup Poll results explaining employee engagement as the crucial element to productivity.
Engaged employees feel good about themselves and their job. They have a sense of value to the organization. They feel as if their work truly matters. Even a simple “Thank you” for a job well done can make a staffer’s day!
Happy, engaged employees benefit a business overall. Even shareholders can benefit.
- As per Forbes magazine, stock values at businesses listed in Forbes 100 Best Places to Work increase about 14% in a year, compared to only about 6% at companies who didn’t make the cut.
Boost Employee Morale With OfficeMakers
We know that happy employees do better work. However, sometimes it can be difficult for management to make personal contact with each employee to offer that all-important “Thank you.” Supervisors are human beings too!
One way to boost morale and productivity in your office is a new set of office furniture from OfficeMakers! What would make your staff happier than modern desks, storage, or chairs in the office?
When you invest in your staff, they’ll feel valued and important! Employees work harder and stay longer at positions where they feel valued.
Is OfficeMakers Right for My Company?
We work with all sorts of organizations:
- Educational institutions
- Traditional office spaces
- Non-profit organizations
- Government entities
OfficeMakers is a local Houston business with a staff of office furniture and design experts. We have three generations of experience in the industry. Our local office furniture and cubicle installers are our employees, not contracted outside labor. And they are thoroughly trained!
We offer free office furniture design and layout services too. No project is too large, nor too small. We make workplaces better (and employees happier) in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.
Check out our website for great prices on office furniture or call us today at 832-906-7522. We’d love to help you boost productivity in your office today!